Sarasota and the local Gulf Coast has a variety of scuba diving opportunities. Have you explored the many Artificial Reefs established in the area?
Artificial reefs have been constructed in Sarasota County to increase and enhance recreational fishing and scuba diving areas as well as to create and restore marine habitat lost to coastal development. Remember to use proper catch and release fishing practices. Funding for the construction of artificial reefs comes from the Florida Artificial Fishing Reef Grant, Saltwater Fishing License fees, the Sarasota Bay National Estuary Program, Sarasota County Coastal Resources, Eternal Reefs, Inc. and private donations.
- Course includes: All classroom & pool sessions, ......5 open water dives, fun, excitement, and memories.
- Book Package includes: Textbook with workbook, record folder, dive tables and logbook.
- Equipment provided by Scuba Quest of Venice: Tanks, buoyancy compensator, regulator with octopus and gauges and wetsuit.
- Personal equipment REQUIRED: Mask, snorkel, fins, weight belt and weights, and safety signaling device.
- Pool sessions are held at the finest pool facilities available.
- Ocean dives are aboard a Coast Guard approved vessels.
- Class size is limited; assuring that the student won’t be lost in a crowd.
Comments are closed.